Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The College of Nursing at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking an hourly/part-time Adjunct Instructor. The successful candidate will:
- Teach and/or supervise students in clinical specialty areas (Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, Mental/Behavioral Health, and Community Health Nursing); or didactic content area (e.g., Professional Role; Nursing Leadership; Biostatistics; Scholarly Writing).
- Clinical teaching/supervision may include:
- Orienting students to the patient care unit.
- Assuring adherence to hospital/agency policies and procedures including those for patient records and documentation systems.
- Conducting clinical pre- and post- conferences with students.
- Assigning students to patients.
- Evaluating preceptor and agency.
- Reviewing student documentation.
- All teaching/supervision (clinical or didactic) includes:
- Reviewing program/course outcomes and criteria with students.
- Providing guidance to students to support College of Nursing policies.
- Evaluating student performance.
- Collaborating/communicating with clinical, track directors, program directors, and Associate Deans to support student progress toward goals.
||Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
|Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org