Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner / Assistant Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with full time attending staff of the Division of Gastroenterology (GI).
- Collaborate closely and support all aspects of inpatient care of GI patients, and all health care disciplines to ensure continuity of care and efficient and high quality care.
- Present patient information to attending GI staff and follow prescribed treatment plan.
- Monitor day-to-day clinical events on inpatients and provide necessary clinical data to make treatment decisions.
- Work with triage nursing in ED to assure that those patients that are fast tracked are seen by GI clinic in an efficient and timely manner.
- Conduct appropriate pre-operative evaluations.
- Schedule and expedite procedures with GI staff and pre-operative testing unit.
- Communicate with endoscopy staff and vendors to obtain appropriate equipment for upcoming cases.
- Provide patient education.
- Support timely pre-operative evaluation of GI patients.
- Network with other clinical disciplines and support staff in expediting pre-operative evaluations.
- See and evaluate outpatients and inpatients requiring consultation and communication effectively with attendings.
- Order appropriate laboratory test for patients.
- Provide post procedure follow-up care.
- Conduct histories and physicals on all assigned patients.
- Collaborate with attending, resident and nursing staff in the interpretation of information.
- Demonstrate professional skills in expediting patient care.
- Involve with research activities of faculty, particularly patient enrollment and education during clinical studies.
- Contribute to case conference and performance improvement meeting.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com