Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation's leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly-ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of Ambulatory Care Services at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time TH CTS EKG Associate, Suite B. The successful candidate will:
- Respect and promote patient rights.
- Conduct cardiac monitoring on adult population.
- Perform phlebotomy tasks as directed.
- Perform finger stick glucose determinations as directed.
- Obtain and record patient's vital signs.
- Enter data into the electronic medical record as requested.
- Perform direct nursing care activity as delegated.
- Perform indirect nursing activities as determined by routine assignment as well as clinic activity.
- Practice effective infection control measures.
- Respond to the changing needs of patient care areas.
- Obtain, record, and exchange information on behalf of the patient.
- Plan appropriately to meet clinic objectives and take initiatives where necessary.
- Take an active role in managing resources.
- Participate in Quality improvement activities.
- Participate in personal/professional development.
- Use ethical principles to guide decisions and actions consistent with University Hospital's operating goals and objectives.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org